[NR] Big Demo in Northkeep

Morgan Blackdragon blackdragonmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:02:30 PDT 2007

Fighters Fighters Fighters!!

Chivalric Fighters. Rapier Fighters. This is a great demo to fight at.
The fighting always draws a large crowd and people really enjoy
watching us.

More fighters equals more fighting. Less downtime for the crowd and
more downtime for the fighters to breath and stay hydrated. Please
come out if you can. We need all the fighters we can get.

There are always singles bouts but if we can get enough people for
melees that would be even better!

This is a great place to try out new things, be it weapons, fighting
styles, whatever. Have fun and really ham it up for the people. Fight
for the honor and glory of a child. Practice that spin move! Try and
get an Oscar for the best death. Have fun and get the crowd's
attention.

I will be there to marshal and speak with people. I also have a
pavilion that I am bringing.

As long as the rain stays away this should really be fun.

Is there a "Plan B" in case we get rained out?

~Morgan~

On 9/6/07, Kenneth Smith <ulfarnfinnson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well I will be there but will not be fighting.  I will marshal and talk to people though it is not what I do best.
>
>   Ulf
>
> Ian Dun Gillan <ian1550 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>   Greetings all,
> I know this email will sound a little manic, trust me I am not, I just want
> to make sure we are ready because this is an important demo. Today is
> Thursday that leaves exactly two days before the very important Library
> Pira...Privateer Demo.I would like to check with all of you on things to
> make sure we are all excited about the demo and prepared for it.
>
> 1. Are people coming?
> People are the most important part of this whole demo with out people from
> Northkeep to be there and help out it will simply not go well. So if you can
> come out if only for a couple of hours or only for one hour please. PLEASE,
> do so.
>
> 2. Set Up?
> The set up needs to start as early as possible on Saturday
> The Baronial Trailer will be there Saturday morning.
> We will need to raise the Baronial Pavilion set up a list field, and help
> finish the ship.
> We will need lots of tables so if you have portable sturdy table please
> bring it.
>
> We will need at least three pavilions maybe four...one for the main display
> and artisans to work under, one for the fighters (does one of the Angi want
> to bring their personal pavilions for this purpose?), one for the
> Water-bearers (we have a popup in the Baronial trailer we can use), if we do
> a fourth it should one of the patchworks to be used for any children's
> activities that we might have going on. Are we doing the beading thing again
> this year if so I am sure we could use a supply of inexpensive beads and
> beading materials.
>
> 3. Hand outs?
> Do we have hand outs printed?
> we talked about Business cards, do we have Northkeep business cards printed?
>
> 4. Water-bearing?
> We have the one popup in the trailer and I think at least one Table.
> Do we have all the supplies we need? Tables, Drinks, Food, Water-bearers?
>
> 5. Fighters?
> Are you all coming and bringing your toys
> Remember to really have fun and play things up for the crowd.
>
> 6. Artisans?
> Are you bringing projects to work on?
> Are you bringing items to display?
>
> 7. Displays?
> We need some examples of all the SCA does
> Arts and Crafts, Archery, fighting, camping, feasting
> A few peace tied weapons would be nice and examples of armor like a helmet
> and a chain-mail shirt
> A model medieval encampment would be nice maybe Fenton can bring his
> pavilion, rope-bed, and chest?
>
> 8.Decorations?
> We need some nice banners and pennants to really spruce the place up
> [...]

"If I became physically attracted to things that irked me, the world
would burst into flames from the friction of my furious humping."