[NR] Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Competition Information :)

Kory Gilliam torinsmail at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:24:43 PDT 2008

Please pass this information on to your local group, I did not want to become part of every SCA group to advertise this :)  I am sure some of you will appreciate that.......I think....

Greetings all,   This year, the Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Competition will be held in the Northern Region and hosted graciously by the Barony of Namron at Namron Protectorate.   The rules will be the same a before:                 No music in a box (i.e. only live music either by the house band or your own)                 Pick your own prop (if you want a prop)                 Documentation isn't required (but it is recommended due to points being assigned toward documentation).  Timelines:                 1:00 Meeting in the feast hall for all participants to fill out entry/judging form, Q&A, determine order of performance, and turn in documentation                 1:30-5:00 Documentation available for judges to read and apply scores for documentation on judging sheets                 7:00 is the current scheduled time for closing court, all drummers and dancers need to be set up 45 minutes after court so the competition can                         start 1 hour after court is completed.                  After all participants have performed, the judges will take a break to determine the champion.  During this time will be open dancing for all Middle
                        Eastern Dancers.  The winner will be announced at the Hafla Pavilion.

Donations:
                 Donations for the M.E. dance basket is greatly appreciated.  I will be attending Gothic War, Mooneschadowe Triumphe, 3 Kings, and attempting Elfsea
                        Defender.  I will either be camping with Wolfstar or the Company of St. Mark fighting unit.

If you have any questions in the meantime, you are welcome to e-mail me at torinsmail at hotmail.com or call me at (405) 210-7714.  Website information regarding the competition and the event can be found at http://protectorate.agilejedi.com/Home/event-schedule-2/middle-eastern-dance (thanks to Lord Orlando Di Gilead).

Happy dancing,
Kajira Camber of House Wolfstar
Company of St. Mark
(registered as Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid)
mka Kory Lewis, aka Rabbit's wife :)