[NR] .... shudder ....

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:32:42 PST 2008

Mental Log:

What has happened?

I feel as though Hell's fire has scorched my flesh to the bone while I drank myself out of the bottom of a barrel of rot-gut...

I can remember My mother would scold me and sing me to sleep.
I can remember ... ... ...
I can remember rain tasting like honey.
I can remember the birds desired to eat my lifeless eyes ... ... (huh! birds with desire, what the flanageri'n is that all about?!?)
I haven't seen Admiral Haddock in over a year and a wind song, but I dreamt he called me Commodore. My dreams are reflecting madness....

DarRRrockhhH My tongue is so swollen... I can't talk. What on Penapathia has happened to me?...?

I was on board the Iron Lotus but this isn't any place aboard that ship I remember. I am the Plenipotentiary Drummer, I remember the skin....

WHAT ! HAVE THE PORTUGUESE TAKEN ME?!? Did they take the ship and knock me out!!?

This isn't any hold or brig I've ever seen, thisisa Captain's Quarters. OhHhhH the pain ... it never hurts...to...sleep. mMmm

I hear my mother's gentle voice and she's rocking me < :^\> Hmm! Maybe that's the sea lol ohh I've gone mad confounded tongue I can't even hear my own voice like this...

it...never....hurts.....to......sleep

Posted by: "Tony Basore" murray_kinsman at yahoo.com    murray_kinsman

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 am (PST)

Once in the Admiral's cabin, the ship's doctor went about the task
of treating Pooky's wounds and injuries with a variety of
ointments, salves and poltices in a quiet, busiiness-like manner,
hoping to finish before the Admiral arrived.
Rob Haddock entered his cabin quietly.
"How is he, Bones? Were we in time? Will he live?" Doctor Gervais
looked his friend in the eye. "I don't know, Rob, time will tell.
He is very weak."
Bones exited, saying, "I'LL check on him hourly".

Sitting in the chair vacated by the doctor, he said, "You're
safe,,, now, Pooky, among friends." He watch for any sign of
understanding. "Pooky? It's Rob Haddock. You are in my cabin on the
Esmerelda. We've been 12 days at sea, searching for you."
I have news for you, old friend, Lord High Admiral Garrett has
appointed you to head the recruitment and Training
Squadron ............ Commodore Pooky."
"we'll have you home in Ansteorra,, within a fortnight, my
friend."
"You know, you've had cap'n Mac of the Iron Lotus worried about
you. Well, him, and the rest of us, too."
Rob sat and talked to Pooky until the doctor returned, then left
only long enough to let Bones do his job.