[NR] Samhain Celebration - Shameless Event Plug

Richard & Rose autocrats at samhaincelebration.org
Mon Oct 20 14:11:11 PDT 2008

     Normal   0         false   false   false                             MicrosoftInternetExplorer4             /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable  {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";  mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;  mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;  mso-style-noshow:yes;  mso-style-parent:"";  mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;  mso-para-margin:0in;  mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;  mso-pagination:widow-orphan;  font-size:10.0pt;  font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-ansi-language:#0400;  mso-fareast-language:#0400;  mso-bidi-language:#0400;}    Greetings;

  Their Excellencies, Brom O’Brien & Audrella de Lyon, invite one and all to travel to the lands of the Barony of the Eldern Hills for our twenty-eighth annual Samhain Celebration. Bring your best skills to the field for our Thrown Weapons, Bardic, and Arts & Sciences Competitions, which will determine our newest titled champions. Our array of activities will delight both you and your children, including our first ever Youth Chivalric Class and Tournament. And don’t forget to bring treats for our traditional Mischief and Morsels activity on Saturday evening!

  Join us this Friday for an evening of revelry and merriment. On Saturday, introduce your children to the world of living history with our arts & crafts and youth chivalric classes. See our warriors as they compete in our thrown weapons competition and our grand melees. View a breath taking display of artwork as artisans compete for the title. Spend the evening by the fire as our bards vie to best one another with wondrous songs, tales, and verses. On Sunday, you can cheer for your favorite newcomer as they take the field in a Newcomers’ Lyst and watch as our youngest warriors compete in their very first chivalric tournament.

  Samhain XXVIII will be held this weekend at Camp Kate Portwood in Granite, Oklahoma. The site is grassy, flat, and perfect for pitching a tent. The site fees are $4.00 for person 6-12 years old, $7.00 for persons 12-17 years old, and $8.00 for person that are 18 or older. There will be a $3.00 non-member surcharge for all persons 18 years of age or older who cannot show proof of membership. Feast reservations are still available. Please contact Lady Muirenn by telephone at (580) 658-3441 or by e-mail at texastornado_50 at yahoo.com.

  The site is wet in period containers and, as always, underage drinking will not be tolerated. Service animals are welcome but pets are not allowed. Site will open at 5 p.m. on Friday and will not close until 5 p.m. on Sunday to allow for a full day of activities. Additional information is available on our website at http://www.samhaincelebration.org.

  Cabin reservations have been closed. If you made a reservation and are not going to be able to make it, please let us know. We have a waiting list full of people who would love to have those places. If you thought you made a reservation and did not receive a confirmation e-mail, please e-mail us. A few of our confirmation e-mails were bounced back to us.

  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

  In Service,
  Rose the Obnoxious
  Richard de Vere
  www.samhaincelebration.org