[NR] Demo at the Museum of Texas Tech University

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:40:32 PDT 2009

Below is an ad from the Museum of Texas Tech University as it appears on their website.

The SCA has been invited to hold a demo at this event.  I would like to ask for all who can make it to come out and help us on put a great show. Please bring your finest garb, your A&S, and of course, your fighting gear. They are making a schedule as to when they would like us to put on the fighting demonstrations. There will be only two fighting times, so we need both light and heavy fighters. The rest of the time they would like us to do PR for the SCA and show the public what we do, other than fighting. We will also be free to roam the museum. They have an excellent sword display from the middle ages from the Higgins Armory. Shade, food, and water will be provided to the performers, that's us.

AUGUST EVENTS (See August eMUSE online)

√6…• What’s UP! @ 7pm
8…* Family Art Workshop, 1-2:30pm
13…† Art on Thursday, 6-8pm
29…Renaissance Festival, Saturday, 11am-4pm
Families and individuals can explore Medieval and Renaissance history, culture and weaponry at the MoTTU. Hands-on activities, games, crafts, performances, demonstrations, etc., will be ongoing throughout the day to help families connect to the theme, time period, and each other. FREE and open to the public. In conjunction with the extensive exhibition A Double-Edged Weapon: The Sword as Icon and Artifact, on display now and through Oct. 25 at the MoTTU.

Yours truly,

HE Toshiro Koi
Eisen's
Seneschal for the Barony of Bonwicke