[NR] A period music site

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Fri Jan 9 23:16:51 PST 2009

Dear people
I been trying to link people to sites where they could copy songs and start a song book. I need people to figure out the tunes and teach people. Do you know any of these songs?

My stand on Filk.
This is not the offical Laurel Circle stand this is Willow de Wisp stand. I believe that songs in the SCA follow two forms. There are those that make the spirit of the Middle ages live and those that don't. If a filk makes the Spirit and Magic live I am for it. If a song even if it is period makes me remember the ordinary world I am against it.

Saying this you should look at the filk songs at this site. They are wonderful and I love to sing these kinds of songs while traveling.
http://www.geocities.com/jeff_suzuki/periodmusic.htm
 willow