[NR] SCA Demo at OK Celtic Heritage & Music Festival

Sweet, Debby deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu
Thu May 7 15:24:07 PDT 2009

Greetings!

The Province of Mooneschadowe will be having a demo at the Oklahoma Celtic Heritage & Music Festival this June 20 & 21 at the Payne County Expo Center. See http://www.okcelticfest.com/Festival.html

We need people to help work the gate and to interact with the public at our demo area. Any SCA person who helps in this manner gets in for FREE!

The festival will be held (mostly) indoors at the Expo Center and will include vendors, Scottish Clans, athletes, sheep dog trials, Celtic horses, demonstrations, workshops, history exhibits, a children's area, sessions, and live music and dance to be featured on three stages (at least). Normal prices are $5 for adult per day, $1 children donation to Children's Museum. By providing workers for the gate, the SCA gets an inside demo area for free (& all our workers are free too!). Last year it was a 20 x 20 area, surrounded by tables with a display board in the back. More room than we knew what to do with!

The OK Celtic Festival attracts people from all over the state (and beyond!) who are interested in some aspect(s) of the history, dance, culture and music of Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Galacia, Brittany, Scotland, and the Isle of Man - and therefore might be interested in joining the SCA.

We will have plenty of display area for all your arts & crafts! Inkle weaving went over really big last year - so we're really looking to have some weavers there this year. Other portable crafts would be good too!

Crash space is available if you want to work both days. Contact Ly Lilliana Byrnes for further info. According to the Celtic Festival website, there are RV & tent camp sites available on the Expo grounds - but that would be an extra charge.

They will provide water for the Gate workers. Food is on your own - there will be some food vendors or a trip into Stillwater isn't far or bring your own.

If you are interested and know you will be there, please send me a note.

For further info, please contact, the Demo Steward, Ly Lilliana, or myself,

HL Estrill Swet
Email connector
deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu