[NR] helm question

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:20:11 PDT 2009

My opinions.  Disclaimer, I resell Windrose Armoury equipment.
Illusion armory had a good reputation in the past for reasonable delivery.
 However, several years back they moved their offices from Phoenix to the
Pacific Northwest, and during that time frame had significant issues.  I
believe that as of this time, things are back to normal, and they are
repairing their reputation.

Their item quality is high, and their value is good.

There are quite a few armorer's that I have dealt with directly that have a
good reputation for timeliness and quality.

Windrose Armory - IMO, along with Illusion, produce the most authentic
looking helmets.
IceFalcon - Not as authentic, but rock-solid with extreme reliability and
good customer service.
Knotwulf - best looking helms for pre-1100 available (as you well know).
Madd Matt's has excellent prices on mild steel helmets, and again a good
customer service reputation.  He's a Canadian though :D
http://www.madmattsarmory.com/inv_head.php

Those are the ones I have dealt with off the top of my head.

JP

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.