[NR] Work Day & Pennsic Pity Party: Minor Changes

Deborah May auntdwen at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 22:31:22 PDT 2010

Greetings!

    Please join us at Camp Cimarron for an Evening Revel Friday, August 13.
Have a cold beverage and watch the Persieds meteor shower.  Early Saturday
morning the 14th we'll put in about 3-5 hours work on the grounds.  Come with
long pants, gloves, boots or good shoes (think poison ivy and snakes...big
snakes!) & hats.  We'll mostly be clearing brush, doing some chainsaw work and
painting.  Anyone with heavy yard equipment, chainsaws, heavy rakes, weed
trimmers, etc. please consider bringing them.  At this time, we do not have
potable water on site, though the bathrooms are functioning, so please plan on
bringing a large amount of drinking water with you in addition to whatever
potent potables you might enjoy on Friday evening.  House Wolfstar is kicking in
for doughnuts and such for breakfast Saturday morning and helping with the
picnic on Saturday.  Johann and Ulfska will be up all night smoking meat.  When
it gets too hot to work late morning or about mid-day we'll eat smoked meats w/
picnic fixin's.  Then we can load up and get outta there before Old Yellow Face
cooks us all. There is plenty of camping space and we can make limited use of
some of the buildings.  If you are sensitive to the heat, this may not be the
best weekend to come out and help.

    Site will be open after 6 p.m. Friday, August 13th and close by 6 p.m.
Saturday evening, August 14th.  Please note that this is a change from the
original plan.  It is just so very, very hot in the afternoons, and with the
pool not yet in working order, volunteers would not be able to get a break from
the heat.  Also, this lets everyone   flee to the air conditioning and be ready
for Water Wars on Sunday the  15th.

    If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact me,
Mistress Ceridwen, at auntdwen at sbcglobal.net or call my cell phone at
580-401-0507.