[NR] Give the North a Name!

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Sat Sep 18 19:52:25 PDT 2010

While I am not sure what the name Ansteorra was thought to mean now but when we thought of it , (I was at the meeting) the person who came up with said it meant "unique star" not lone star. At the time we had no idea that the area of Oklahoma would be put with Texas because at that time there were no groups in OK.
We had to be a region before people in Norman could request the Regional Senechal Sir Koris to come up and speak at the Norman Med faire.
I believe that the reason Norman ended up in Ansteorra was because at the time there was no Calintir and Ansteorra was closer than The Middle. After the work the people of the North did on the Kingdom none of us thought about changing the name.
The Heart of the Star would also be a good name.
willow