[NR] Chemin Noir's Event

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 23 13:24:02 PDT 2010

Greetings all,
Out of the north come rumors of dragons and I must tell you to not believe them,
do not let these rumors keep you from traveling. So said let this missive stand
as a reminder to one and all that this weekend is coming up one of those rare
gems in the SCA eventing world...The Canton of Chemin Noir is getting ready to
put on their annual event. The good people of that fine Canton do entertain with
such heart and hospitality that it is a genuine suprise that it comes from such
a small group. This messages is written with reluctance because this event I
speak of is such a rare treat and a treasure that if all of you come then it
might just be more fun than any one event should have . There is something about
the events held by Chemin Noir that reminds me of the old days of the SCA. The
schedule is a little more laid back, the lists seem to offer greater glory and
more honor, the atmosphere and mood seems to inspire those in attendance with
all the qualities that drew me to the SCA to begin with...and at night gathered
in the feast hall with good food burdening the tables and the rousing songs and
stories of bards lifting the rafters you truly can experience something magical
and wonderful.  Each year when I attend one of Chemin Noir's events I leave
wishing it had not ended so soon. Then well rested and revived do I return to
the world with my mind, heart, and soul renewed and refreshed. I can not nor
would I speak for others but I do believe that I have heard many folk share in
these same feelings and sentiments about Chemin Noir's fairs. So if you find you
have the time and inclination to experience something very special then please
find your way to northern borders of the Kingdom and there get you to the Fall
of the Dragon Fair hosted by the grand Canton of Chemin Noir.

Most Kindly
Ian