[NR] Northern name--ownership question

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 12:43:02 PDT 2010

Kingdoms, Principalities, and local groups like Baronies and Provinces are Branches, Regions are not, as far as Corpora is concerned. Here is how it is handled in other kingdoms.

Lochac has two 'regions', The Continent and The Crescent Isles. Neither name is registered.

Northshield has three regions: The Plains, The Lakes and The Woodlands. None of the names are registered.

Eastrealm has three regions besides their principality, the Northern, Central, and Southern regions. Nothing to register.

AEthelmearc has five regions, Regions 1 through 5. Even worse than Eastrealm and Ansteorra.

Midrealm has four regions. Constellation, Midlands and Oaken are registered as heraldic titles to Midrealm. Pentamere is not registered.

If a name is selected, and it is not registered, nobody owns it. If it is registered, it would have to be registered to Ansteorra, and the kingdom would (officially) determine how it is used. If we settle on a name, I think we would need to petition the Crown to have it registered and applied to us, and barring that, just use it without registration.

Kevin