[NR] Northern name--ownership question

barrett1 at cox.net barrett1 at cox.net
Thu Sep 30 14:41:46 PDT 2010

We are still in the midst of deciding if we (a sizable majority) want to have a distinct name. I think that will continue to be discussed for some time.

However, if we do, what about this?

A.) Have the people vote to determine the top five names.
B.) See how many of those names can be registered, and register them all as multiple titles for the Regional Herald.
C.) Vote on those registered names, and release the others when the final name is chosen by the people.

>From that point, the chosen name would be the registered title of our Regional herald.

Now that is just my idea, my suggestion, something to consider.

What, if anything, we chose to do with that registered heralds title in the future would be a different discussion. If we do wish to apply it further, it would be ours to use.

Would this not work for some reason? Would this not be allowed due to some rule of the College of Heralds?

I don't have enough knowledge of the system to know for certain.

~Finnacan