[NR] Naming the New Region...not Re-naming the North

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:53:32 PDT 2010

I keep hearing about the land and the weather and how this or that name would reflect those aspects. But let's face it, land is land and it's the same everywhere. The weather is the weather; if you don't like it, wait, it'll change.
It's not the land or the weather that make a group or a kingdom great. It's the people. The people make a land great, or mediocre. It's we the people, that make Ansteorra great. It's we the people, who make our enemies fear our name. It's we the people, who are the bone, and marrow, and muscle, and the heart, of this great land.
If we are going give a name to name the northern region, then give it a name that will reflect what makes it great, its people. This is a land of heroes, on and off the field. This is a land of honor and pride; and of humility and gentleness. This is a land made great by it's people. If you want to name the region, name it for what makes it great, name it for it's people.

Toshiro Koi