[NR] Fwd: [Northkeep] Northern Regional Name Survey

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Sun Feb 6 20:54:53 PST 2011

Please understand that I am *not* speaking as Star Principal Herald in
this message (thus it coming from my personal address), but merely as
just an ordinary herald.

I would much MUCH rather see a list of proposed name _meanings_ first,
not meanings-in-other-languages. It's far far easier to later find a
name expert to research, for example, an Old English version of X than
it is for someone to assert what they believe is the Old English
version of X -- their name research might be spot-on, or (more likely)
it might be highly questionable. Few of us are actual name experts,
and merely having your hands on a modern dictionary is not always that
useful.

-Emma