[NR] Results from the NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING SURVEY

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 21:54:11 PDT 2011

greetings

are these like the finalists names for the northern region ??
this is just my opinion, but .....
the way these read , and would probably wind up being used ,doesn't sound
too good .

a: cyrmoden --- sounds way too much like kermode ,commode , toilet,
something full of night soil .so we would be the region of night soil. *

b: hastmark --- sounds like someone's stripes, as in hash marks, or if
pronounced with an aye sound , as in haste mark , this is again not good as
haste marks are errors. so we would then be the region of errors ...

c: hrithmarc --- sounds like the noises you make when you have sinus
drainage, or are constipated badly, so we would be the region of disease .

d: styringeard --- this one has multiple options , styringe ard ,sounds like
, syringe yard ,sounds like a druggies heaven ,or stingy guard , the tight
fisted selfish region or stirring garden , as in the place you put night
soil so its out of the way ...

i don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but not everyone that looks at any
prospective name is going to be nice , or have spent several years in
advanced learning facilities.with the time and inclination to look up
details to explain a name, or find a pronunciation.
many of them will be everyday working people ,who will use the easiest ,
most obvious pronunciations or people from other regions or kingdoms, and
unfortunately i have heard heralds slaughter common names , some of these
are outright asking to be slaughtered.

unfortunately , some oddball name will probably be " chosen " and many
people will wind up saying something like " yea, I'm from the northern part
of ansteorra  " because it will sound less silly / bad / x-rated / etc.,
than what was chosen.or its common usage.

anyway, this isn't meant to insult anyone, it is just how this list of names
reads / sounds to me , and the images these names produce .

again this is just my opinion , your vehicle may get better mileage ; )
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur

* night soil = caca , poop, sh_ t, #2 , human fertilizer , excretory
substances, etc.