[NR] Results from the NORTHERN REGIONAL NAMING SURVEY

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:51:47 PDT 2011

I wouldn't mind seeing the raw data as well.  It's not that I don't trust you -- but I know I didn't vote for any of these (whether I factually did or not is irrelevant, deep inside I "know" I didn't).

Some thoughts:

1.  We're never going to come up with a name that represents everyone's area of interest, that's just a given.  Pick one and move on.

2.  It doesn't matter how it's *supposed* to be pronounced or spelled.  In ten years, it *will*  be pronounced as it's spelled, or else have developed a pronunciation that falls totally outside how it was written.

M/d