[NR] Christmas and Gulf War

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Tue Nov 15 11:12:22 PST 2011

Hi everyone this is Willow.
Have you made up your mind to go to Gulf War. Now is a great time to think about it and maybe plan your gift giving around things you will need.
For example, Persona's before the 12 Th century or any of us in Scandinavian or the Western side of Scotland dress up by putting on jewelry and embroidery on our clothing.
Good linen is the byword and fabric makes a nice gift. Please remember that the early heroic cultures loved bright colors. If you  want to dress up an outfit trim is great and it is expensive to buy so a nice length of trim for a gift exchange will be something some will love.
Your trim for early period( before 1100 ) should be something that could be done on a loom or card weaving. and it is a safe bet if the flower looks real it is wrong.
Brooches are always good and Raymond the Quiet  site is a  great to look at to get ideas and his prices are good. https://www.quietpress.com/index.html
cuff Bracelets. In England where they dug up early period graves all of them had a pair of cuff bracelets. People used them to keep their under tunics sleeves from falling over their hands. I mean men , women and children. Poor people had simple ones of cheap metal and rich people had gold. '
This year I am going to try and make my own. Master Orm made some for the Bride Price he paid for Viscountess Megan. They were metal strips decorated with punch design.  You can find this kind of decoration on medallions and belts and other thing through out the culture.  You can make something easily and they really add to your garb.
willow