[NR] Weisenfeuer Yule Activities Description

Genevria Genevria at cox.net
Tue Nov 22 08:19:07 PST 2011

Thanks for asking about Yule. I am happy to post some information. We will
be having our traditional competitions this year which will include the
table decorating, best garb, subtlety, and brewing. We have had some
fabulous entries in the past and I have already been hearing of really
interesting entry plans. We also choose our A&S and bardic champions at this
event. The schedule also includes several classes, a visit from Father
Christmas, and chocolate roulette. All of these fun plans are going to be
topped off by a white scarf and two peerage ceremonies during court.

--Things You May Need To Know--

All competition and contest winners will be selected by Baron and Baroness
choice.
 The round tables in the hall for the table decorating contest are six ft.

Entrants for the bardic competition should come prepared to perform a piece
that is related to both your persona and
the Yule season. We only ask that you do not make the Baron cry.

We will be playing games during the afternoon and will have tables set up
with games for everyone. If you have a period game to bring, the addition
will be appreciated.

Lady Liadan, our MOC, will be having games and activities for the children
throughout the day preceding feast. We are going to be having a lot of
children at Yule this year and parents should plan to spend some time
helping out if your kids are participating in MOC activities. Should means
that it is not required, but that I think it is the right thing to do.

A silent auction of some of the toys being provided by the Father Christmas
elves will be available at a silent auction table after the toys have been
given to the children. The money raised will go to purchasing materials for
next year. This is a great opportunity to support a good project and do a
little of your own shopping.

Mistress Stacia will be hosting a raffle to raise money to get the walk in
freezer at Camp Cimarron running. Tickets will be $1.

A class schedule should be out sometime this week. Classes currently include
An Intro to Pierced Metal Work, Intro to European Dance, Overview of period
arrows, discussion of the use of heraldry in garb, making a side less
surcote and pattern making workshop, Making Your Own ink, Middle Eastern
Documentation, and anything you want to teach. :)

The hall will have an heraldic consultation table and scribal work area.
This is a great opportunity to come and visit with your heraldic and scribal
friends, to work on your latest project, and to learn from some of the best.

Hot drinks and goodies will also be available in the morning and afternoon
at a sideboard in the hall. Contributions are welcome.

Please ask if you have any more questions. You can reach me by email or on
the phone at 405.470.6781.

Yours In Service,
Genevria