[NR] Wiesenfeuer Charter Design Competition at Wiesenfeuer Yule Revel in December

Torinsmail torinsmail at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:17:57 PDT 2011

Greetings!
I wanted to invite all artisans, illuminators, scribes, and creative minds to participate in a competition that will be held at our Wiesenfeuer Yule Revel on the first Saturday of December in Oklahoma City.

Our Barony is in need of additional versions of our Baronial armigerous and non-armigerous service awards (Flint and Steel/Lanternarious).  I know that our Kingdom is FULL of talented people that LOVE to design scrolls and we felt that this would be another opportunity for you to make your mark in our Kingdom history.

It is relatively simple, as far as scribal design competitions go...you are only required to submit the line drawing portion of the charter (the finished version of the artwork that would be used to make copies for painting).   You are not even asked to include calligraphy on the charter!  (We ask that you not include the calligraphy if you are not proficient at this skill.  If you are a skilled calligrapher, you are welcome to go ahead with this portion, but it will not affect the overall outcome for winner.)  Wow, how much easier can we make this?  One more way...you aren’t even asked to supply a painted example of your entry!    I will be adding the Flint & Steel and the Lanternarious insignia design to the Baronial website as soon as possible as well as copies of our current version of these charters.

We do ask that it be based on period styles, but documentation is not required, and there is no restriction on area/style type.

We will have thank you tokens for all entrants and a prize basket of scribal goodies for the winner of the competition.

**IN ADDITION (or for those of you that aren’t so interested in the scribal side)**
Just to throw in for everyone else that’s not scribal...at this years Yule Revel, we will be welcoming Their Majesties as well as them members of the Pelican to our Barony.  We welcome anyone and everyone to enter our Baronial A&S and Bardic competitions, as well as the 3rd round of His Excellency Wiesenfeuer’s ‘Chocolate Roulette’ (as well as other competitions and classes).  Please see the website for more information and updates,  http://wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org  .

Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid (Kajira Camber)
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer
Kingdom Chamberlain of Ansteorra

m.k.a. Kory Lewis
a.k.a. Rabbit Herder