[NR] Wiesenfeuer Baronial THIS WEEKEND! Event recommendations (for any event)...

Kajira Camber torinsmail at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:48:22 PDT 2012

As we all know, weather can change at the drop of a hat (and some of the funnest events have been wet!)  Just wanted to make a couple of suggestions, in case the wet stuff falls from the sky...
(primarily posting due to so many new people will be coming out for their first event, but thought this would be something everyone could use...)

--These are things that are good to have in your 'camp cimarron survival kit' :)
1-if you are in a cabin/hut/etc, we are not aware of the conditions of all of the roofs.  They should be good, but recommend that you bring some duct tape and plastic sheets (or trash bags) to off set any unexpected drips.
2-Bug spray--due to the warm winter, good idea to have just in case.  Haven't been 'bugged' by mosquitos yet, but that can change at the crack of an egg  (get it...ba ha ha ha...)
3-Tent or cabin--recommend that you pack your clothes in a plastic tote (or something waterproof...can also use a trash bag, but not as easy to dig around in).  Also a good idea to put your primary bedding in it during the day.  That way if your tent or roof leaks, you have dry clothes and blanket.
4-Flashlight/coleman lantern--For walking around site...especially if you are in the cabins or the outposts.
5-Extra socks and shoes, just in case you step in a puddle.
6-Dress/pants that don't drag the ground (you can pin them up, but is better to not have to bother)
7-Umbrella, just in case
8-Remember, save space by not bringing feast gear!  Instead of feast, we are giving out free festival finger food during the Chivalric Baronial Championship.  Tavern for breakfast/lunch, leftovers will be available Sunday morning for breakfast (if any available). (but still bring a plate for 'what ifs' and your mug!)
9-GET MUGGED BY THE BARONESS!  If you are new to the SCA, don't forget to find me (Kajira-Baroness of Wiesenfeuer) and get mugged (will give you a mug to keep, to help you on your way of obtaining items needed for eventing)...(supplies are limited, first come/first served, offer only good at events held by the Barony of Wiesenfeuer, yadda yadda yadda...)

Even if it does rain, we have a permanent pavilion, a feast hall, and secondary hall (wolf's lodge).  So don't let this cause you to stay cooped up in your house all weekend!  Come out and fight, dance, drum, drink, eat, and yap-yap-yap with us at WIESENFEUER BARONIAL!!!  WOO WOO!!!   wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org/baronial.html  /  http://wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org/baronial.html or find the event on facebook!

(you know...if we all bring an umbrella, it won't rain...so everyone bring one!  Oh, and no one wash your car...that always makes it rain for me! :-p )

Kajira Camber
  (Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid)
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer
m.k.a. Kory Lewis