[NR] Eldern XXXIV Chivalric List

Kerry Pratt kpratt at sw.rr.com
Sat Apr 28 06:27:30 PDT 2012

Sir William Cameron deBlakstan, current Champion of the Barony of Eldern Hills, does send greetings to the list,

On the 19th of May, there will be a grand tournament to find my successor as Champion.  The tourney will be a Swiss five
format with a few standard deviations.  The first round will be fought with six foot spears, thrust only, no secondary
weapon.  The following rounds you may fight with whatever weapon you choose but you may only fight each weapon style
once.  This means that you WILL be fighting mismatched weapons styles at some point.  The sole exception to this rule is
that you may fight with a six foot spear, with no secondary, at any time that you choose.  You have the following
weapons styles available:

Six foot spear, no secondary weapon (Can be used at any time)
Six foot spear with another weapon (This includes Madu and sword, by the way)
Two swords
Weapon and shield (ANY weapon)
Glaive (6ft and 7.5)
Nine foot spear
Pole arms (six feet or greater.  This category covers great axes, hammers, and all other non-glaive weapons)
Short axes
Single sword
Great sword (at least six feet and no secondary)
Bastard sword (less than six feet and no secondary)

If I have missed some weapons style that you want to use then please let me know and I will consider it.  I hope to see
a large turnout to honor Their Excellencies Eldern and I look forward to seeing an awesome display of prowess and
chivalry.

William Cameron deBlakstan