[NR] Canned food drive at Winter Kingdom

Ayla VonAschen aylavonaschen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:17:49 PST 2012

Forwarded on behalf of my son:

My name is Alex Cook and I am 12 years old and in the 7th grade at the new
Rogers College High School in Tulsa.  In the SCA, I am known as Avi of
Northkeep. Avi is also my Hebrew name. I have been in the SCA all my life.
My parents are Ayla von Aschen and Zahava batHannah. Mundanely my family
and I are Jewish and attend Temple Israel here in Tulsa. This spring I will
have my Bar Mitzvah, coming of age in the Jewish community. Typically, the
boy or girl having a Bar or Bat Mitzvah does a community service project.
For my project I am collecting food and money for the Community Food Bank
of Eastern Oklahoma.  My goal is to collect the equivalent of 1000 pounds
of food. If you would like to contribute toward this project there will be
a collection box at Winter Kingdom on January 28th.  Please see below for
the items most needed and those that cannot be accepted. If you wish to
make a monetary donation, checks can be made out to the Community Food Bank
of Eastern Ok.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at 12rebelwolf at gmail.com .

Thank you in advance for your support,
Avi of Northkeep

Most Needed Items
Canned Meats (tuna, chicken, etc)
Canned or Packaged Fruit
Canned or Boxed Meals
Soup and Stew
Peanut Butter
Pasta and Sauce
Rice
Breakfast Cereals
Baby Cereal and Formula
100% Fruit Juice
**
We cannot accept:
Food that is homemade, home-canned or previously opened
Unlabeled products or a product not in its original packaging
No perishable food, alcohol, medicine or sodas
Rusty, dented cans
Expired items