[NR] Triumphe VII: Thank You Thank You Thank You

Reis ap Tuder reis at hailmog.org
Mon Sep 17 09:22:14 PDT 2012

Triumphe VII, aka Triumphe of the Apocalypse, is done now and lots of
people helped!  So we'd like to take a shot at thanking some people:

- The people of the Province of Mooneschadowe, many and varied as you are,
for, well, everything -- hauling stuff to and from site, setting things up,
taking things down, cleaning things up, making sure the competitions had
the help they needed, running the competitions in a couple of cases, and
generally being Mooneschadin.  Without general labor, events are just a
completely impossible heap of grandoise plans -- everyone who helped out
was crucial!

- The Feast Stewards, Liliana and Lilias, for such a spectacular feast, and
indeed, meals all weekend; the Manager of Setup and Servers, Svetlana; Kyna
Terricsdottir for jumping in to help; the Merry Musicians for the ambience
and providing dance opportunities;

- Paloma and her amazing Waterbearing team for not only keeping people
hydrated but also stuffed with fruit, pickles, olives, grapes.. even
sandwiches!

- Our Triumphe VI champions for helping with many of our competitions and
for being very helpful in getting our pass-downs passed down and in general
for making our event better;

- Ivo and his group of site and list heralds for being loud and informative;

- Her Stellar Majesty Elizabeta for her radiant presence, fantastic courts,
and for letting Pearl come visit;

- Their Stellar Highnesses Jean Paul and Gilyan for the final court, for
helping give the rapier fighters a truly remarkable day of fighting and
fun, and for hard work -- and extra space for hauling stuff back to
Stillwater! -- on Sunday afternoon;

- Their Excellencies Vatavia for not only visiting us and bringing many
fellow Vatavians with them, but also contributing so much to our weekend --
if you missed Baroness Zoe's first outing at list heralding during the
Insegnante tournament you did indeed really miss out!

- Ranger Roger, without whom we can truly say our events would be poorer if
they happened at all, from providing the site in the first place to
checking in on us all weekend to actually helping collect the trash from
the site and take it to the dumpster on Sunday!

and finally, everyone who came, because an event with just the folks who're
putting the event on wouldn't be much fun.  Thank you for coming, thank you
for participating, thank you for sharing your joy and thank you for the
many of you who stopped us to tell us how much you enjoyed the weekend.
We're glad!

Elsa von Shammach and Reis ap Tuder,
Triumphe VII Autocrats