[NR] Stepping down: A special letter from the Baron & Baroness of Wiesenfeuer

Kajira Camber kajiracamber at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 13:59:27 PDT 2013

Cassius and I just wanted to send out a little note to say thank you all
for your amazing amount of love and support after the announcement of our
unexpected need to step out of the role of Baron and Baroness and back into
the role of daughter and nurse.  As most of you know, my mother is very ill
with a new diagnosis of cancer and I am needing to help her and my family
as much as possible through this difficult and painful time.

The outpouring of emotion and support when we announced in court (and TRMs
announced that a Vicar and Vicaress will be placed at Coronation next
weekend) helped us feel confident that we performed in our roles to your
expectations and needs and that we had a positive impact for our Barony.  It
was a VERY HARD decision to make, but we feel that this would be in the
best interest of the Barony, since we have no idea of how long and how much
time this will take.

We want to thank those of you that voiced your support and offered to cover
items so we could take care of family and still maintain our position as
your B&B, but we felt that wouldn’t be fair to the Barony and the Kingdom.  Our
Barony has slowly, but steadily, been growing in so many areas and we did
not want to cause a stall in this growth.

We want to thank, and congratulate, Ciaran and Branislava for their
willingness to take on the role of Vicar & Vicaress until a new B&B can be
selected.  They know the Barony extremely well and have worked close with
Cassius and myself during our time as B&B.  We are good friends already
(and Branislava is Cassius’ apprentice), so we are confident that they will
not hesitate to ask questions, if needed, and will do a great job in that
role.

We also want to give a huge thanks to everyone that has stepped up and took
on roles as our officers, autocrats, and feast stewards.  Many thanks to
each of you that stepped up to fill in event needs or volunteered for
shifts and helped with Baronial projects or just simply helped a newcomer
feel more comfortable.  Many thanks to the FireStorm Ink guild (especially
to Isaac and Nicolaea for being our event calligraphers and primary
designers & cat herders), whose artistic skill and giving of many hours of
time allowed us to hand out some of the best Baronial award scrolls in the
Known World!  Also thanks to Finnacan, who was not only an amazing A&S
minister, but constantly was discussing ways to improve Baronial ‘flare’
and being our ‘go to guy’ for ideas and helping with the design and
implementation of project ideas.

For special service to us personally, a special thanks to Cadhla, not only
for being our seneschal, but for always checking in on us to make sure we
had food and coffee in our bellies and that we had everything that we
needed. Special thanks to our Royal Guard, Ian, Ciaran, Ahlanna, Shanna,
and Branislava, who kept us entertained, participated in our confusion
during court (especially when it came to finding the gift baskets) and
being with us in Baronial colors when the time called for it.  And a super
special thanks to our Ladies in Waiting, Deidre (Dee) and Valia, who slowly
got us to allow them to do more and more for us and decreased our stress
and helped us realize that we needed help to do our roles better.

We are not disappearing, we are only stepping back.  We will most likely be
at all of the northern events, as able, and the main Kingdom events…even if
it is only for Saturday.  We will still help where we can and will give our
full support to the V&V and the next B&B.  Thank you all again for your
offers of support and shoulders.  Until we see you again,

Cassius & Kajira, Baron & Baroness of Wiesenfeuer