[NR] Wiesenfeuer Yule Update

Etienne de St. Amaranth st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 20:08:06 PST 2013

Please forward to other groups or lists as may be interested.

As many have heard or seen posted Their Royal Majesties will not be able to make it through the ice and weather to Wiesenfeuer's Yule Revel.  This has led to much discussion around whether the event is still on, what happens to the investiture of the new Baron & Baroness, what about Father Christmas and the kids gifts, etc.?

I have been asked to forward the following information.

First, neither rain, sleet, snow, nor Frost Giant will come between the people and friends of Wiesenfeuer and the sharing of Yuletide revelry.  The event is on and gate opens at 9 AM.

Second, we study history and love to recreate it.  The first investiture of the first Baron and Baroness of Wiesenfeuer was affected by weather and a member of the royal family was delegated the duty to act for the Crown and install the first B&B.  History this weekend will be repeated.

With love for their populace, Their Majesties have made the truly painful choice to delegate this investiture.  The new Baron & Baroness will be invested Saturday evening at court.  Duc Jean Paul and Duchess Gilyan will represent the Crown as their Legates.  I would encourage all who read these words to share their thanks and appreciation to Their Royal Majesties for enabling the investiture to go forward.

Lastly, yes Euphemia, there is a Father Christmas.  Where revelry and good spirits stand in the face of Frost Giant weather, there too shall Father Christmas make his presence known.

If you are able to safely travel, come join us at (possibly) the only site advertised as responsibly wet, and drink a toast to our gracious Crown, to a new B&B, to Father Christmas, to children and toys, to spite the Frost Giants, and even to the Krampus.

Respectfully,

Maitré Etienne de St. Amaranth, OP
Email: st.amaranth at yahoo.com