No subject

Sat Apr 5 12:44:09 PDT 2014

mail-stw-usa.stw.esker.com with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail
Service Version 5.5.2653.13)
           id 17KBAHA8; Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:12:19 -0600
From: "Walter Robin" <aborman at brightok.net>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: NR - Drawing vs. Raffle
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:11:23 -0600

The law does not seem to make that distinction, defining a lottery thus:

"A lottery is any scheme for the disposal or distribution of property by
chance among persons who have paid...any valuable
consideration for the chance of obtaining such property...upon any
...expectation that it is to be distributed...by ...chance,
whether called a lottery, a raffle, or a gift enterprise, or by whatever
name the same may be known. "

http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cgi/isearch  (Section 21-1051)

When the United Way fund-raiser organizers at my workplace looked at this
several years ago, they determined that introducing an
element of skill made it no longer a lottery...that is, you COULD run a
carnival game, where the prize was a ticket in a drawing.

So they put up a dart board, and IF you hit it, you got a ticket for the
drawing in whichever area you hit....

Unfortunately, I don't know if they consulted with a lawyer or the AG's
office, or what.

Ld Walter Robin,
Seneschal, Mooneschadowe
http://plumes.org