NK - Fwd: MIDLAUREL: help for the greeks

Vanessa Goins delbosque at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:05:40 PST 1998

Saludos!  I just recieved the following message off of the Protogee'
Net.  Once again Ansteorran's have a chance to show to the knowne
worlde our famous generosity with the gifts of Knowledge and Aid.

So how about it folks? :-D

En Servicio al Suen~o
(In Service to the Dream,)

-Isabela
===
Vanessa Goins A.K.A SCA Ly. Isabela del bosque
from the Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra

Protogee' to H.E. Master William Blackfox
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Hi All,

This sounds like a Good Cause. Would anyone care to take on organizing
something for these groups?

Fiadnata
>> greetings to my leafy kindred.

my apprentice anya writes to me from greece, where she is currently
going
to school, to beg for any type of sca information that can be sent. the
group in athens is small, but dedicated, but they are very, VERY far
from
the centers of culture in drachenwald, and need as much assistance as
they can get. their wish-list includes any and all patterns for garb,
armor, accessories, furniture, and so on, any recipes for medieval
cooking, brewing and vinting, any sheet music, songs, dance manuals or
related info, and basically ANY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER on sca topics or
culture. please, please send xeroxes, extra copies of compleat
anachronists, articles, anything at all, in fact. they only have one
fighter, who is having difficulty holding tournaments with herself(!),
and little basic info at all.

these folks have gone out of their way to be helpful and generous to my
apprentice anya, sight unseen. they took time out of their work
schedules
to pick her up at the airport, teach her enough greek to get by, show
her
the sights, etc, based on a "you don't know me, but i'm in the sca"
letter she sent them. they are also in touch with the italian groups,
who
are almost as cut off, and the group in turkey (i'm just as surprised as
you are, believe me!), who are even more so, and will be disseminating
this information to all of them.

think about what information you would need to send to a new group
starting up on mars, who had read a few books and seen a few movies with
medieval topics, and you will see the depth of the need; read:
EVERYTHING.

the address to send stuff to is:
                                                       Leda Filippopolou
                                                       Tsakasianou 21
                                                       111-41 Athens
                                                        GREECE

thanking you in advance for your service to the arts and sciences.

manthra  >>