NK - Yes Berengaria, I can document Santa Klaus!

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at email.msn.com
Tue Dec 8 10:01:34 PST 1998

:their years in the SCA.  In my opinion, most SCA members don't give a fig
:about historical accuracy.  They would as soon have or "create" something
out
:of the Conan movie because it looked cool, not because it was an accurate
item
:used by their "persona."  That being said, if I was really concerned about
:that kind of thing I would have joined an organization that stressed
:authenticity and reenactment.  But instead I'm in the SCA and I think its
:swell, really.

Damn, and all this time I thought you were just putting up with the SCA to
fight. :^{)> (eyes, nose, mustache, smile, beard)

I know you have taken college level courses regarding medieval history, and
I will agree that in 'OUR' facet of the SCA, the fighting end, we don't run
across allot of scholarly types, but to me, there are lots of Ph.D.s,
Masters, B.A.s and B.S.s in the SCA. It seems that there are lots of
educated members within the other facets of the SCA. It is just when "they"
hear us say, oh f*ck this and ah f*ck that, and hey by the way, if it
doesn't swing a stick, it aint sh^t and they can't camp with us either,
"they" steer clear.

So those that we speak of not existing, only don't exist to us, cause we
scare them away.

I wonder if scholars taste as good as bards?