NK - An Interesting Event

Brannon L. Bain bbain at galstar.com
Tue Dec 29 07:53:26 PST 1998

Greetings all.  This message is regarding a mundane event that may be of
interest to some of the fighters and others on this list.

On May 22, 1999 Martial Arts America will be holding a national open
Martial Arts tournament.  As one of the organizers of this tournament I
have included a Freestyle Kendo event.  Contestants will be armored in
traditional Kendo attire, including Kendo style armor, and will combat to 5
points with Shinai (Bamboo Sword).  Targets are as follows:

Shomen - Center of Head: 2 points
Yokomen - Left or Right Side of Head: 1 point
Tsuki - Thrust to throat protector: 2 points
Kote - Wrist : 1 point
Do - Left or Right side of Torso protector: 1 point

There will most likely be two divisions: Open and Masters
The winner of this event will be awarded a National Championship trophy
(6'?).

It is a very rare occasion that non International Kendo Federation members
are given the opportunity to compete in this format, particularly on a
national level.  If you are interested in participating in this event, get
with me as soon as possible to begin making arrangements for armor,
weapons, etc.

With Honor,
Brannon L. Bain
Soke of Tasu Maru Ryu Bujutsu