NK - Cloth Sale

Patti McCullough paddy at webzone.net
Wed Dec 30 08:24:30 PST 1998

Greetings to all.

After listening to the postings on this list in silence for several
weeks, I finally have something to say.  For anyone that has been
considering the purchase of luxury fabrics, such as silk, linen, fine
wool, or cashmere, I would say that now would be a good time to buy.  J.
Boyer at 81st and Harvard is having a sale, and I understand that every
single piece of cloth in the store is half-price.  This sale appears to
be legitimate, in that I have had to pass up a certain gorgeous, thick,
creamy blue silk several times before, because it was $30 a yard; but
yesterday, I was able to buy several yards of it for $15 a yard.

Their selection of silks is better than any other place I have found in
Tulsa; they have weights from chiffon to the really thick stuff, in a
wide range of colors.  They also have designer cottons and synthetics, as
well as elaborate bridal fabrics that would be wonderful for Elizabethan
garb, some of which are still very expensive at half-price.  They also
have some really interesting trims and laces, but I didn't ask whether or
not those were half-price.

I believe the sale is supposed to last until a week from Saturday.  I
hope this information will be useful to someone.

Lady Toinette de Cambrai

Barony of Northkeep
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra