NK - Candles - ADMINISTRATIVE

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at msn.com
Mon Apr 5 11:09:33 PDT 1999

ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE:
I really hate it when posts have lead-ins like the one below.  I.e. " A
private message to ..."
    It would be just as easy for this message to have been a broadcast to
all that Ciana and her oldest son were selling candles at NRW, regardless of
whether or not anyone else is really interested, they could have been
included in this post. Perhaps if they were included in this post on a
public list, Ciana and George might sell a few more candles.
    I understand there is nothing to stop someone else from jumping in and
saying me too, me too, I want a candle. However, (another damn rumor because
the creator of the 'rumor' isn't open enough to talk to me, or would rather
promote the rumor mill, both being anti-productive) I have heard there are a
few who feel the Northkeep list is an elitist list. I admit that I tend to
be an somewhat intelligent blathering idiot, so I can't imagine as this
list's administer, this list being elitist, but that is what the rumor says.
The lead-in for this message SCREAMS of whispering loud enough for the whole
room to listen. Even though the message says private, everyone will read it,
like looking at an accident, so please, please, please, in posts to this
list, do not expect or prefer that a post is to be private. It only upsets
the administrator and apparently feeds the enemic minds of the rumor mill.
    Please note a request for someone to contact you privately, or
requesting an individuals email address are not posts I consider to be
private posts, it would be a public post asking any and all to help (or not)
make sure someone #2 knows someone #1 wants to speak with someone #2. To me,
this is an acceptable note 'pinned' to our little electronic bulliten board.
    Note x 2, if someone does ask for an email address, especially if it is
NOT your own address and you chose to respond, PLEASE respond privately as
the person who's email address has been ask for, might not want their email
address posted publicly. (another  behavior I don't understand, but I don't
have to understand, just respect).

Apologies to all.

Merrik

:     A private message to Ciana.
:     Can you email me privately about the candles you were selling at
:     Northern Regional this weekend?