NK - What makes a peer?

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:25:57 PDT 1999

At 09:23 AM 8/10/99 -0500, Rowan wrote:
>The Laurels that I am aware of in Northkeep are:
>	Mistress Talana
>	Master Beorthlic
>	Mistress Catrin
>	Mistress Alana
>
>I am not sure exactly what each received their Laurel in so I won't try to
>answer the second part of your question.  :-)

Why shame on you, Rowan, Laurels in Ansteorra are given for general
achievement
and research, not for any one specific, single thing :)

I think we have a Knight around here also...

>I am still curious if anyone else has any thoughts to add to the questions
>I posed earlier about being a peer and becoming a peer.  I greatly
>appreciated the responses received from Gio, Robert and Talana.  Anyone
>else want to add their cents?

It's always been my cents of the issue that being a Peer has a lotto do with
responsibility and priviledge. That, somehow, over time, that a person has
demonstrated that ineluctable je-ne-sais-quois that tells people that they
are someone who can be looked up to, who will help those in need, teach those
who are uneducated, and in short typify in the flesh the vague and unstated
qualities revered by the Society.

Marc/Diarmaid