NK - Period?

Patti McCullough paddy at webzone.net
Thu Aug 12 01:39:24 PDT 1999

>ok, wait, I got 'fused.. "period" is pre 16th century, right? so... before
>1500... that's what I understood, but I read today on a web site that it is
>pre 1600..... which is right?
>
><frown>
>Elspeth

"Period" is pre-1600, concentrating on the Western European High Middle
Ages (straight off the SCA home page intro).  As a matter of fact,
there's also a "grey area" for the next 50 years, so you can sometimes
get by on documentation that's slightly out of period, on the reasonable
assumption that if something can be documented back to 1650, it was
probably being done in 1600, as well, but just may not have been
documented then.

<smile>
Toinette