NK - We are only mere women?: Bard's Guild meeting - rising o f the star

GarethS at tisi.com GarethS at tisi.com
Fri Aug 13 09:55:07 PDT 1999

here's the lyrics for those interested... from the anseorran bardic fire
page at http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/melwood/780/

The Rising of the Star
1979 by Bathazar of Endor

"then,tell me folk from atenvelt,O have you hear said
That the sun upon yer banner has turned a bloody red?
we are comming from the southlands,you don't know who we are
were the boys from Ansteorra, with the rising of the star."

Many a foe have tried us, on many a bloody feild.
A precious few have killed us, because we never yeild
We've got powder for our canons, grape shot and boiling tar.
were your friends from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star."

"The women of Ansteorra, they'll make you lovely wives.
But cheak their skirts and bodices, they always carry knives!
They say thier Iornmongery, thier beauty will not Mar.
they will thrill you or the'll kill you, by the rising of the star"

"The children of Ansteorra, are ever so polite.
But don't you turn yer back on them, the little buggers bite!
Their cunning none surpasses, you know they will go far.
They are the heir of Ansteorra, by the rising of the star."

"The Bards of Ansteorra, are ever long of wind.
Thier songs have no begings, and thier tales have no ends
They can't carry a tune in a bucket or a jar.
but they'll revel until daylight, by the rising of the star."

"The Summers of Ansteorra, are seven months in length.
the rivers lose their waters, and the fighters lose thier strenght!
Their swooning in the tourneys, and fainting in the wars."
They long for cool November, by the rising of the star.

"We'er just psycotic killers, we love to maim and crunch.
Don't pack us any baskets,We'll just eat their dead for lunch!
We'er brothers of the Normans, and Daughters of the Zars.
We are your freinds from Ansteorra, by the rising of the star."

Gareth