NK - CELTIC MUSIC ALERT !! TONITE!

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 18:03:04 PDT 1999

No, our vcr is funky - haven't been able to record things in years - really
just lucky it plays! Would not have wanted to, though - I thought it was
Clannad - turned out to be Secret Garden, newcomers on the Celtic scene.
They're O.K., but just not my favorite. Enthusiastic bunch, but they get too
screechy and they are all electric, rather than acoustic, which I don't
particularly admire. They do have their following....just not my cup of tea!
The other act was the "Three Irish Tenors" - I guess this was supposed to be
Dublin's answer to the earlier popularity of  the "Three Tenors", with
Povorati, Domingo and ..um. darn me I can't remember the other one! Anyone,
one of them was good, one was pretty good, and the other one, well, maybe he
was the director's nephew or something - can't figure out why they thought he
was Irish or a tenor!!
No loss ya missed it.
Love Ya
Anawyn