NK - Doherty books

The Suarez Family somerled at mciworld.com
Wed Aug 18 13:44:05 PDT 1999

Hi all,

 We just made our usual trip to the library, which I had put off for WAY to
long. I ran across some books in the Mystery section by P.C. Doherty. They
are apparently a series of mystery novels based roughly in the 13th Century.
The jacket say that the author holds a doctorate from Oxford in History and
specializes in Medieval studies. We got "Spy in Chancery". Some of the other
titles are "Death of a King", "Satan in St. Mary's", "The Crown in
Darkness", "The Whyte Harte", and "The Evil Within:A Knights Pilgrimage".
Has anyone read any of these? I was hoping that they might be good for
Stonie and perhaps Christopher (iffy for him) to read, especially if the
settings for the stories are fairly historically accurate.

 We also picked up "What Life Was Like in the Age of Chivalry" that has a
ton of pictures and looks like good info from scanning it. (Christopher has
already been pouring through this one!) I went ahead and got "Kings, Queens,
Knights and Jesters: Making Medieval Costumes" as well. It says that it has
unstructions for three basic clothing styles and pictures from tapestrys,
etc to show how certain things were worn.

 I would love to hear comments and suggestions about any of these
selections!

Thanks,
Janece
somerled at mciworld.com