NK - Last year's Guardian schedule

Patti McCullough paddy at webzone.net
Wed Aug 18 08:25:13 PDT 1999

>Subject:     RE: NK - Moonshadowe Guardian next month!!!!

>It will be our first event, so we are looking forward to it.  I am hoping
>for perfect weather.  Is there are schedule out yet?
>
>Susan

Dear Susan,

Well, it's kind of optimistic to ask for a schedule.  At events,
everything runs on SCA time, which is to say, nothing really happens at
quite exactly the time for which it's been planned.  Things usually go
about the same, event after event, though.

I've pulled out last year's Guardian brochure, and here is LAST YEAR'S
schedule for you.  There may be some variation this year, but I hope this
will give you an idea of about how things will probably run.  I've
deleted the references to A&S, since I don't believe there's going to be
any A&S competition this year.

Good luck at your first event!
Lady Toinette de Cambrai

Friday
4 pm  Site opens
8 pm  Dancing

Saturday
7 am  Wake-up Call
8 am  Armor Inspection Begins (Heavy)
9 am  Opening Court
9:30  Guardian Tourney Begins
10am  Registration for Bardic Begins
1:30  Chess Tourney Begins
      Bardic Begins
2 pm  Archery and Knife/Axe/Spear Begins
5 pm  Live Chess Tourney
6 pm  Feast Begins
After Feast:  Court
After Court:  Torchlight Wrestling
              Dancing

Sunday
8 am  Wake-up Call
9 am  Armor Inspection Begins (Insignante, and Heavy and Light Newbie)
10am  Insignante Tourney Begins
      Light and Heavy Newbie Lists Begin
After Tourneys:  Closing Court
4 pm  Site Closes