NK - Pennsic

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 06:29:24 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/23/99 7:32:12 AM Central Daylight Time, Marrock at msn.com
writes:

<< Oh lighten up, it was just a light hearted joke type thing.
 I forgot that the "Greate Darke Hoarde" can't be joked with unless it is on
 their terms... >>

My apologies.  I know it was and I read it that way.  And honestly, when I
started writing that reply, I intended a blank, surprised 'Whatever are you
talking about?' tone.  But it was late, I was tired, and I haven't heard from
Keigan to know when she started home or what her travel plans are, so I'm
fretful.  On rereading my note, it got more testy and preachy than I
intended, and I'm sorry it sounded like I took more offense than I did.  I'm
a little more sensitive about Keig than I am about either the "Great" Dark
Horde--I didn't and don't use the "G" word--or myself, especially in this
area and for good reason.  There are at least two women in this kingdom I
know of who now carry Pelicans they received by capitalizing on Keigan's
work.  You'll never hear that from her, but I'll say it.  She sees that as
just being part of being Horde, doing what you do for the joy of the doing
and the joy of what you accomplish, and not for the reward.  I agree, but
feel it's ALSO part of being Horde to point out injustice when we see it.
But none of that's aimed at you.
We Horde cultivate a reputation of being touchy and cantankerous--it's part
of the standoffishness--but we're all friends and this is a game.  If you HAD
intended a subliminal implication of treason, which I knew you didn't, I
wouldn't have been angry, but I'd have played the part of outrage.  As it
was, I intended a bit of wounded innocense and a bit of confusion based on
different worldviews, and took the opportunity to expound a bit on part of
ours.  I really am sorry it came across as waspish, and I'll try to edit my
own writing a bit better in the future.
And we do TOO have a sense of humor about ourselves.  Just ask us. <#;-{)>
Kevin