NK - ?feast steward?

Rebecca M. Heydon rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:47:41 PDT 1999

Well, what I have tried to put together is a list of people who have done
feasts for events before as well as those who are interested in doing
feasts.  Bids for feasts are taken months before our events happen and a
feast steward chosen to do the feast at the event in question.  If no one
comes forward of their own accord to offer a feast bid, I can then look at
my trusty list and then tap a person or two. :-)  (This list is a Rowan
thing, not something done everywhere).

SO a bid.  This involves coming up with a menu for about 100-125
individuals, coming up with a price list, listing any special things you'd
like to do with an event feast and presenting all this to Their
Excellencies, the Seneschal and those who will be Autocrats.

Duties, aside from the obvious you listed, involve little else.  Your
complete and total priority is to gather the goods, prepare the meal, enjoy
the praise showered upon you for a wonderful feast, and rest while those
great volunteers help with clean up.

Enthusiasm and thick-soled shoes go far in this venture....

Rowan

At 11:31 AM 8/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay,
>I understand what a feast is and I know the meaning of steward, however.
>
>Anyone else out there on a feast steward list?
>Fill me in.
>What is the duties and responsibilities of the feast steward, besides the
>obvious of cooking and serving?
>
>Maidenhair

end
******
Rebecca M. Heydon
University of Tulsa - College of Law Library
ph:  918-631-3557 (voice mail only)
fax:  918-631-2151
rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
"Language is the light of the mind."