NK - We are only mere women?

Jennifer Carlson JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org
Fri Aug 13 06:42:04 PDT 1999

Tsk, tsk tsk.

Honey chile, you got a lot to learn.  This is Ansteorra.  There are no
"mere" women, and we most certainly are not at the mercy of our men.  Our
men have no mercy - just ask the Trimarians.

On the other hand, our men are at OUR mercy.  Just ask Countess Sir Syf
Ironhand O'Donnell.  Or Duchess Dame Alyshia.  Or Duchess Sir Rowan vom
Kampher - the SCA's FIRST Queen by right of arms!

A pity you could not see Queen Drusilla of blessed memory cut her consort,
King Inman III, off at the knees - in court! for pontificating.

Or Queen Tessa, who got bored by the listfield one day, ordered all the
fighters to dump their weapons in a pile, then selected one sword and
removed it from action - and thus the Grande LeMans Melee was born!

Or Mistress Gunnhilda Amberstar when she suited up and went on the list
field for the first time in her life - against Duke Inman.  And took out
his knee.  He didn't give it - she took it!

As an Ansteorran woman, you move in grand company, milady.  Hold your head
high!

Talana the Viole(n)t

Oh the ladies of Ansteorra, they'll make you lovely wives
But check their skirts and bodices - they always carry knives.
They say that ironmongery their beauty will not mar.
They'll thrill you or they'll kill you, by the Rising of the Star

Chorus, everybody!