NK - Newcomer

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sun Aug 22 20:53:34 PDT 1999

Terry Burgett wrote:

> >From a really shy person who has an interest.  Is there anyone out there
> that would like to talk to me about what they do.  I find it hard to attend
> events when I don't know a soul.  I have been monitoring for a couple of
> weeks and everyone sounds so ...colorful! :)

	Shyness can be good and it can be bad for you...Good when it
helps you take things slowly at your own pace, bad when it keeps you
from having fun!
	Let me introduce myself.  I am Baroness Catrin ferch Gwilym O
Gonwy, Laurel & other stuff, certified and certifiable oldtimer.  I'm
usually in the Celtic overkill mode, slathered with amber and wearing
a wide circlet on my head over long black hair shot with silver.  It
occurs to me this description may lead you to confuse me with Herrin
(same as Baroness) Sigen, who is Baroness of Northkeep (I'm not) and
is skinny (I'm not).  I like Bardic things (defined as writing and/or
performing song, story, poems or instrumental music in a period style),
costuming (prefer early period pre-1300 but done 'em all), embroidery,
research and teaching.  I'm doing an informal class on Saturday, Sept.
4, starting at noon, called "Drape and Pillage", which is a fun way to
say I'll take anyone who wants to go to all the fabric stores we can hit
for their Labor Day sales and talk about good fabric choices for SCA
wear.  You're more than welcome to join us, we'll make a day of it and
maybe catch lunch somewhere.  If you're interested, watch Northkeep Net
and I'll give all the details by the end of the week.
	If you go with us, you won't be a stranger anymore--you'll be on
your way to making new friends!

					Catrin