NK - Northkeep Members List

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at msn.com
Tue Aug 24 17:57:56 PDT 1999

Just like any good plumber has leaky faucets, a good computer geek has lots
of stuff and none of gets all the way through a boot sequence.
I got my hands on two 3d accelerator boards, which I was going to replace my
old 3d board with.
I swapped cards without even giving a moments thought to the drivers and
system installation files, etc., now after debugging as best I can, I get an
error that baffles me and the technicians. The technicians and I have been
working on it for almost a month... I am about to give up and do a low level
format, as school has started and I need that computer back also...
Being a diligent computer geek, my best backup is almost two years old...
but I am sure my database is in tact somewhere in there although.
As before, with school underway, and three of five courses with software
requirements, I will have had to make it work or start over with that system
by the end of this week. Hope that isn't too late...

Merrik

p.s. just so I know ahead of time, who is going to get torked off if I go
giving your real and S.C.A. name and phone number away to any other member
of Northkeep, or better yet, let me know and I will delete you information
from the database I make available, but wait, what about everyone without
access to the Northkeep List, how will they know to be torked off if they
want to be, or to know to have me "not" publish their information... what is
a geek to do...

p.s.s. how about a "rolls ethereal" for Northkeep on our web pages. What I
propose would be to have a page where members could log in with a name and
password to create and update their own personal information, that way only
those who don't mind having their information published on the world wide
web wont and those that do will.

p.s.s.s. We could also do a live chat room for "members" only...

p.s.s.s.s. I will have several copies of a Farspeaker List (farspeaker =
telephone) at populous meeting this Monday.