NK - Youth Boffer mailing list?????

Tim Kwasny tkwasny at ArkansasUSA.com
Tue Aug 31 10:31:19 PDT 1999

>Good Guess! :) I just kept seeing about the youth rapier list and wondered
if
>there was a youth boffer list (I'll NOT be giving Joshua *sharp pointy
>things*, but foam sticks are ok :)  )
>Elspeth
>CraZy, the word was crazy! LOL

Just for the record  :)
None of the equipment used in either adult or youth rapier combat is sharp
or pointy.  Foil (and epee) blades and masks are commercially made, sporting
equipment.  Flexi-daggers are commercially made theatrical equipment.  The
already blunt tips of these blades are further blunted by covering them with
rubber or leather, and duct tape.  All the equipment is checked before use
to assure that it is as safe as it was when it was purchased.  Lord Yoshie
may have more information on the quality assurance practices of various
manufacturers.

This has been a public service announcement.

Therese

PS: Elspeth - I DO applaud you on taking an active roll in your children's
activities.  Thank you.