NK - Desperatly Seeking Heloise

Keith Duke duke at gte.net
Mon Aug 9 23:30:05 PDT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan W. Jones <njones at ix.netcom.com>
To: Northkeep at Ansteorra.ORG <Northkeep at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 12:30 AM
Subject: NK - Desperatly Seeking Heloise

>Hey y'all,
>Anyone know how to get bloodstains out of carpet?
>

>Gio
>Northkeep
>Ansteorra

Yikes! That's quite a question....

Answering doesn't make anyone an accessory to some kind of crime does it? :)

Are we talking small spots or the somewhat larger "And here is where all 27
victime of the famous axe-murderer were discovered" places?

I can't remember the name of the product, but Wally World carries it in
their cleaning supplies/laundry area. It comes in a small, more-or-less
triangular plastic bottle & definitely works very well on small spots on
items that can be throughly washed.

I have also used a concentrated solution of Surf (I think!) for small spots
on a big carpet. The package proudly proclaimed that it got out bloodstains.
It wasn't perfect, but even on the light colored carpet you really had to
look to see it.

If the carpet is multi-level/multi-color shag (or whatever the current
fashion name for it is) cut & splice is pretty easy and with care is
virtually undetectable.

My two favorites - new carpet and move away - probably aren't very
helpful....

Piotr

Carol & Keith Duke - duke at gte.net
Hers:"Not in MY house, you don't!"
His:"Stop slapping. I'm silly already..."