NK - Desperatly Seeking Heloise

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Wed Aug 11 07:25:14 PDT 1999

At 09:02 AM 8/11/99 -0500, Maidenhair wrote:
>Well, I didn't mean to appear insensitive.  lets just say I have lead a less
>than sheltered life.  The only thing that repulses me in the same way, is
>watching ppl eat night crawlers, while I'm trying to eat spaghetti.
>Now...if you like... you can laugh at me.

Why would I want to do that?

Personally, I'm in favor of discussing anything at any time (although I was
informed recently that an analytical discussion of the transverse colon over
a dinner of mexican food should probably go on my (growing) list of "things
other people find inappropriate for dinner conversation").

I do understand though that some people aren't as comfortable with these
things
as I am.  I figure it was all the cadaver time as a kid, although Marrock
tells
me that anthropologists just don't think like other people, and I'll take his
word for that.

Marc/Diarmaid