NK - We are only mere women?

Miriam Cook miriz at rocketmail.com
Fri Aug 13 10:17:07 PDT 1999

Oh Mistress!
Where can I find a copy of the words?! I hear it all the
time, but I just can't remember the lyrics.  (I can learn
songs by reading them once, but I just can't hear and
remember...).

Plus, I have heard of this mythical grimoire called
"Ansteorran Songbook", where might I find one of those?

Thank you, oh person I am in AWE of!!! (You have lit the
fire in me to learn all that I can of Ansteorran
history... beware the monster unleashed!!!)
--Zahava batHannah (one of those daughter of names...;)

---Jennifer Carlson <JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org> wrote:

> It is a verse from the song "The Rising of the Star", an
Ansteorran filk
> set to the Irish tune "The Wearing O' the Green."  It's
kind of an
> unoffical national anthem, and has been around since
rocks were still soft.
>  I've only been around since the first vertebrates
appeared.

> Dang!  Where is my first edition Ansteorran Song Book
when I want it?