NK - Eisteddfodi and Revel

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 17:36:57 PST 1999

I barely made it to the Weisenfuer Revel, and was so very glad to have been
privileged to witness the wonderful performances of  all the contenders in
the Eisteddfodi. I was equally glad not to have been a judge - what a great
(and terrible) position to be in - any one of the three finalists could have
easily been the ulitimate winner, and I would not have wanted the
responsibility of choosing.
Our  Honorable Lord Robert was, as Mistress Catrin reported, flawless. Other
than to have won, I could not have wished better for him. Skill such as his
was not made in a day, and he wears the title of "Honorable" for justified
achievements. We are a fortunate Barony to claim him - he is truly the equal
of any bard!
This was the first time I had the joy of listening to Duke Jonathan - what a
storyteller! It is a rare gift that keeps an audience in rapt attention, with
no idea how the tale will end. He wears his mastery as easy as a pair of
comfortable shoes - never saw him sweat!
And Master Ulf - his command of the bardic arts shines through with such
sincerity and grace, that the very walls eclipse around us, and we are no
longer enclosed in a room made of cinder blocks, but in the longhouse,  under
the spell of a most accomplished skald.  Vivat, and well deserved, Premier
Bard of Ansteorra!
And Vivat to all who were given such special awards that night, most
especially our very deserving Baroness!  I could not be more glad to have
Sigen given such honor, and very disconsolate  that I could not have remained
to see it given  to her.  My personal bane, sinus problems, nearly kept me
away altogether, and I just simply could not last.
Oh we of the favored Northlands! It is hard not to be smug in our pleasure of
all that is ours!
A Grateful,
Anawyn