NK - FW: Something to think about

Langston, David R david.langston at wilcom.com
Thu Dec 30 19:01:35 PST 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheri_Petersen at cargill.com [mailto:Cheri_Petersen at cargill.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 1999 11:50 AM
To: tsweat at dr-tech.com; swkcable at earthlink.net;
LLANGSTON at HALLKINION.COM; cpetersen at kscable.com
Subject: Something to think about

______________________________ Forward Header
__________________________________
Author:  Brad McDowell at etob
Date:    12/30/1999 10:38 AM

Something for us all to ponder as we begin the new year. Not sure who is
the author, but a painfully truthful observation.

     The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller
buildings, but
     shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
     We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.
     We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences,but
less
     time;We have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less

     judgment;more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less
wellness.
     We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too
     little,drive too fast, get too angry too quickly, stay up too late,
get up
     too tired, read too seldom, watch TV too much.
     We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk

     too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
     We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added
years
     to life, not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and
     back, but have trouble  crossing the street to meet the new
neighbor.
     We've conquered outer space, but not inner space.We've done larger
     things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air, but
polluted
     the soul.We've split the atom, but not our prejudice. We plan more,

     but accomplish less.We've learned to rush, but not to wait.
     We build more computers to hold more information to produce more
     copies than ever, but have less communication.These are the times
of
     fast foods and slow digestion; tall men, and short
     character; steep profits, and shallow relationships.
     These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare; more
leisure,but
     less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition. These are days of
two
     incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses,  but broken homes;
disposable
     diapers, throw-away morality; one-night stands,overweight bodies,
and pills
     that do everything from cheer to  quiet,to kill.
     It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in
the
     stockroom; a time when technology can bring this letter to you, and
a time
     when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just  hit
delete