NK - Weisenfeuer Yule

Tony And Catherine Lackey catan at webzone.net
Sat Dec 11 19:36:23 PST 1999

Jerry Herring wrote:

> Ian and I have decided to stay home today.  (Just in case anyone worries
> about us not being there)
>
> Thanks,

> > Kelandra and Ian
> > Northkeep socialites

	You didn't miss the list, I heard they cancelled the light weapons or
rescheduled for some other event, I'm not sure.  BUT you missed one of
the MOST kickass Kingdom Eisteddfodi in Ansteorra's history!  Don't go
by me in case I might have a bias, ask anyone who was there like Anawyn
and Susan and Caterina, but Robert was red hot.  He was in the final
round with Duke Jonathon and Master Ulf and was totally
their equal.  I sat out judging the rounds Robert performed at as is
customary and I swear I could not tell who had won the title.  The new
Kingdom Bard is Ulf, but I promise you that it could have been either
Jonathon or Robert just as easily because they all were flawless.
The level of competitors exceeded any KE I have seen or judged before
and it was a profound experience.  I'm too tired to go on but I could
for hours on the superb quality on that bardic listfield.  The North won
glory by right of talent backed by hard work and sheer inspiration.  ALL
the competitors should feel great pride that they strove in such a field
of honor, for they acquitted themselves finely and with grace.

					Catrin
					The bar's been raised AGAIN!